Ever since Damaris Rivera (Dee) was a little girl, she has dreamt of becoming a professional dancer; Inspired by music such as Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul, Micheal Jackson and Madonna, Pop, Hip Hop, Dance and Freestyle became her favorite type of music to dance to. Shortly after Dee turned 17 she auditioned for the Roxy Night Club as one of their dancers and got the job! Dee has performed at over 50 different venues since her first job and continues to keep her dream alive with JMKennedy Entertainment doing what she loves the most… DANCE!
Archive for the ‘Photo Shoot’ Category
MURDER MYSTERY BURLESQUE ON OCTOBER 22, 2011
FROM 8:00 -10:00
AT THE HOUSE OF MOOD
461 MAIN ST. UNIT D2, PAWTUCKET RI 02860
TICKETS ON SALE NOW CLICK HERE
ON OCTOBER 22, 2011 WINSTON, A RICH PLAYBOY KNOWN FOR HIS CRAZY PARTIES AND SEXUAL ESCAPADES, WAS FOUND DEAD IN AN ABANDONED MILL BUILDING LOCATED IN PAWTUCKET RI. THE CAUSE OF DEATH IS UNDETERMINED AT THIS TIME. ALL THAT WE KNOW IS HE WAS MURDERED BY ONE OF THE WOMEN LISTED IN THE FACTS BELOW.
1. HE HAD AN ESTIMATED NET WORTH OF $7.2 BILLION.
3. HIS SECRETARY KNEW THAT HE WAS ABOUT TO LOOSE EVERYTHING. THEY HAD BEEN SCENE ARGUING ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS ABOUT AN INCIDENT WITH A “DESK”. SHE REFUSES TO DISCUSS IT.
4. HIS BI-POLAR MISTRESS JUST RETURNED FROM ONE OF HER FREQUENT TRIPS TO “THE HAMPTONS” AKA “THE MENTAL INSTITUTION”
5. WHEN THE POLICE ARRIVED THEY FOUND A STRANGE WOMEN CLAIMING TO BE A PSYCHIC CHANTING NEXT TO WINSTON’S LIFELESS BODY.
6. BEFORE CALLING THE POLICE THE MAID THOROUGHLY CLEANED THE CRIME SCENE CONTAMINATING AND DESTROYING ALL THE EVIDENCE THE KILLER MAY HAVELEFT BEHIND.
7. A LOUNGE SINGER WAS TAKEN INTO CUSTODY AFTER TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCEFOUND AT THE CRIME SCENE.
8. EVERY HALLOWEEN HE HOLDS A MASQUERADE PARTY AT ONE OF HIS HISTORIC MILL BUILDINGS LOCATED IN PAWTUCKET, RI.
9. THE AUTHOR OF AN ADULT THEMED BOOK TITLED “THE SAFE WORD IS DIE” WAS PUT IN CUSTODY AFTER GETTING INTO A HEATED ARGUMENT WITH WINSTON’S WIFE. SHE KEPT YELLING “DIE” “DIE” EVERY TIME THE WIFE CAME NEAR HER. (IT WAS RUMORED THAT WINSTON WAS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE MAIN CHARACTER IN THE AUTHORS BOOK.)
10. A BROKE ACTRESS “FRIEND” OF WINSTONS WAS THE LAST PERSON TO SEE HIM ALIVE. DURING THIS LAST ENCOUNTER WINSTON TOLD HER HE WAS NOT GOING TO FINANCE HER ONE WOMEN SHOW TITLED “ME, MYSELF, AND I” A MODERN, HISTORICAL, FICTIONAL BUT NON-FICTION BASED , DOCUMENTARYABOUT HER LIFE STORY WHERE SHE PLAYS THE BOTH THE INTERVIEWER AND THE SUBJECT OF THE INTERVIEW.
12. HIS EX WAS ALSO FOUND ON THE SCENE WITH HER NEW BOYFRIEND… SHE REPORTEDLY CRASHED THE PARTY IN AN ATTEMPT TO SHOW WINSTON WHAT HE WAS MISSING.
On July 24th, 2011 JMK Entertainment hosted their first annual Pink Pastie Burlesque Show at Roots Cafe located in Downtown Providence. We raised over $1,000 for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Thank you to everyone who participated in this event!!
LEVEL II IS FOR ADVANCED STUDENTS ONLY. YOU WILL LEARN ADVANCED SPINS, CLIMBS AND INVERTS.
INSTRUCTORS – JENNIFER KENNEDY AND ALICIA
WHAT TO WEAR:
– RAZORBACK TANK TOP OR T- SHIRT *SPINE MUST BE COVERED
– SKORTS OR SHORT *SO LEGS CAN GRIP THE POLE
– SNEAKERS OR ANKLE BOOTS *ALL SHOES MUST HAVE ANKLE SUPPORT
Click her to register for classes
CHECK OUT OUR NEWEST VIDEO. THIS VIDEO WAS SHOT AT THE-HI HAT DURING OUR VALENTINE’S BURLESQUE SHOW… LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
Guess What?! No Dance Background Required!
Hello to all the Sexy Ladies out there! Yeah, I’m talking to you! My name is Kerri. I’ve been a Pole Fitness Instructor with the JM Kennedy Dance Studio since January of 2010. I am certified through NETA.
So you’d like to know how I became part of this amazing studio? Well, here it is!
It all started in February of 2007. I’d always wanted to take some sort of dance class, maybe hip hop or jazz but I was 27 at the time….where would I begin? I was driving home from work one day and heard an advertisement on the radio about Pole Fitness classes. That would be perfect! I made a mental note to call as soon as I got home. I got the class schedule and came to the next walk-in class available. Now, mind you, I had no sort of dance training or taken a dance class before in my life! I walked into the 3rd week of the session surrounded by other students that seemed like professionals to me (Airplane…what’s an airplane?). I couldn’t find my right from my left. I’m not going to lie…it intimidated me. But I hung in there and after a few classes I started feeling comfortable and couldn’t get enough of it. After 6 classes there was a noticeable difference in my appearance. I started getting comments such as “where’d you get those muscles?” And we can’t forget the infamous bruising…”how’d you get those bruises”. (I’ve learned that everyone has their own way of answering those questions).
After taking a few sessions at the studio, I got to know Jen and I started helping her out in the office. Jen is a motivator and the saying, Never Say Never, definitely applies to her classes. Elevator, I could never do an elevator…by the 6th week I’d guess about 90% of the students are doing elevators. She also motivated me to start teaching my own Pole Fitness classes. Did I ever think in my wildest dreams I would be a Pole Fitness Instructor one day? No way! But here I am, teaching not only Basic Pole for Beginners but Jen also allowed me to create a Pole Level I class for the women out there not ready for Pole II.
A little bit more about me….I am a proud mom to a 19-month old boy. During the day I work as a secretary in Downtown Providence. I am also part of JM Kennedy’s Fringe Dancers who have performed at various venues. The Fringe Dancers specialize in Cabaret and Burlesque performances. We most recently performed at the Hi-Hat in Davol Square for a Valentine’s Burlesque Show which included singing, pole dancing, chair dancing and belly dancing.
So, take it from someone with no dance background. This is the place to start! It’s never too late. I’ve seen all sizes and ages take class at the JM Kennedy Dance Studio. I’ve seen mothers, daughters, grandmothers, sisters, friends, co-workers and even the occasional being of the male species. We do not discriminate at the JM Kennedy Dance Studio!
Valentine’s Burlesque Show
Pawtucket, RI – January 28, 2011- JM Kennedy Entertainment is hosting their annual Valentine’s Burlesque Show Monday, February 14, 2011 at The Hi-Hat located in Davol Square. It will Feature a variety of different performances that include Singing, Chair Dancing, Belly Dancing, and Pole Dancing. It’s a one of a kind show that everyone will enjoy.
The Hi- Hat will be serving a beautiful 4 course Valentines dinner. You have the option to buy Dinner show tickets for $55 for one person or $100 per couple. Show tickets are also on sale for $20. Tickets are being sold online at www.jmkennedyentertainment.com or at the door the day of the show for $25. Priority Seating will be given to those with dinner reservations. For Dinner Reservations please call 401 453 6500 or visit the website. Doors Open at 6:00 pm and the Show Starts at 8:00 pm.
Jennifer Kennedy, owner of JM Kennedy Entertainment, has been performing for over 30 years at different venues around the world. She started her Rhode Island based Burlesque Troop 3 years ago. What makes her show stand apart from other local Burlesque Shows is the use of the Pole. This unique art form, often associated with Cirque Du Soleil, combines the grace and beauty of dance with gravity defying technique.
Ms. Maple Divine – She’ll slap her thighs and ladder her stockings – you never know what to expect.
Corinne Southern – Our Sassy Singing Mistress of Ceremonies.
Stella Stellar – Our Stunning Cabaret Chair Dancer & Femme Fatale.
Rhaya – Our Sexy Sword Dancing Circus Starlet.
Ms. Kandy Kane – Is a sweet as they come. This blonde hair, blue-eyed bombshell will make you want to come back for more!
Natasha Masters – Our True, Beautiful, Blue Collar Pole & Cabaret Performer.
Camellia Phoenix – Our Luau Loving, Neo Burlesque Barbie.
Najwa – Hello Miss Kitty, Our Glamorous Girly Geisha.
Alicia – Our Pin-Up Prima Polerina.