Ever since Damaris Rivera (Dee) was a little girl, she has dreamt of becoming a professional dancer; Inspired by music such as Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul, Micheal Jackson and Madonna, Pop, Hip Hop, Dance and Freestyle became her favorite type of music to dance to. Shortly after Dee turned 17 she auditioned for the Roxy Night Club as one of their dancers and got the job! Dee has performed at over 50 different venues since her first job and continues to keep her dream alive with JMKennedy Entertainment doing what she loves the most… DANCE!
Posts tagged ‘classes’
MURDER MYSTERY BURLESQUE ON OCTOBER 22, 2011
FROM 8:00 -10:00
AT THE HOUSE OF MOOD
461 MAIN ST. UNIT D2, PAWTUCKET RI 02860
TICKETS ON SALE NOW CLICK HERE
ON OCTOBER 22, 2011 WINSTON, A RICH PLAYBOY KNOWN FOR HIS CRAZY PARTIES AND SEXUAL ESCAPADES, WAS FOUND DEAD IN AN ABANDONED MILL BUILDING LOCATED IN PAWTUCKET RI. THE CAUSE OF DEATH IS UNDETERMINED AT THIS TIME. ALL THAT WE KNOW IS HE WAS MURDERED BY ONE OF THE WOMEN LISTED IN THE FACTS BELOW.
1. HE HAD AN ESTIMATED NET WORTH OF $7.2 BILLION.
3. HIS SECRETARY KNEW THAT HE WAS ABOUT TO LOOSE EVERYTHING. THEY HAD BEEN SCENE ARGUING ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS ABOUT AN INCIDENT WITH A “DESK”. SHE REFUSES TO DISCUSS IT.
4. HIS BI-POLAR MISTRESS JUST RETURNED FROM ONE OF HER FREQUENT TRIPS TO “THE HAMPTONS” AKA “THE MENTAL INSTITUTION”
5. WHEN THE POLICE ARRIVED THEY FOUND A STRANGE WOMEN CLAIMING TO BE A PSYCHIC CHANTING NEXT TO WINSTON’S LIFELESS BODY.
6. BEFORE CALLING THE POLICE THE MAID THOROUGHLY CLEANED THE CRIME SCENE CONTAMINATING AND DESTROYING ALL THE EVIDENCE THE KILLER MAY HAVELEFT BEHIND.
7. A LOUNGE SINGER WAS TAKEN INTO CUSTODY AFTER TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCEFOUND AT THE CRIME SCENE.
8. EVERY HALLOWEEN HE HOLDS A MASQUERADE PARTY AT ONE OF HIS HISTORIC MILL BUILDINGS LOCATED IN PAWTUCKET, RI.
9. THE AUTHOR OF AN ADULT THEMED BOOK TITLED “THE SAFE WORD IS DIE” WAS PUT IN CUSTODY AFTER GETTING INTO A HEATED ARGUMENT WITH WINSTON’S WIFE. SHE KEPT YELLING “DIE” “DIE” EVERY TIME THE WIFE CAME NEAR HER. (IT WAS RUMORED THAT WINSTON WAS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE MAIN CHARACTER IN THE AUTHORS BOOK.)
10. A BROKE ACTRESS “FRIEND” OF WINSTONS WAS THE LAST PERSON TO SEE HIM ALIVE. DURING THIS LAST ENCOUNTER WINSTON TOLD HER HE WAS NOT GOING TO FINANCE HER ONE WOMEN SHOW TITLED “ME, MYSELF, AND I” A MODERN, HISTORICAL, FICTIONAL BUT NON-FICTION BASED , DOCUMENTARYABOUT HER LIFE STORY WHERE SHE PLAYS THE BOTH THE INTERVIEWER AND THE SUBJECT OF THE INTERVIEW.
12. HIS EX WAS ALSO FOUND ON THE SCENE WITH HER NEW BOYFRIEND… SHE REPORTEDLY CRASHED THE PARTY IN AN ATTEMPT TO SHOW WINSTON WHAT HE WAS MISSING.
Ladies… this class is great for your Abs, Glutes, and Arm Sculpting!!
Prerequisite: 6 weeks of Basic Pole
Booty Beat Pole Cardio is a fun way to burn calories and
build muscle. We take our ten basic pole steps and fuse
them with none stop dance. We work both the left and the right side.
In pole everyone has a tendency to work only their strong side. In Booty Beat we work both sides ensuring that you get the full body workout you deserve.
If you like Zumba and you like pole this class is for you. You shake it to none stop afrosonic music while working the pole!!! Click here to register online!
This could be you!!! Register Online Here
ABOUT ZUMBA® FITNESS
Are you ready to party yourself into shape? That’s exactly what the Zumba® program is all about. It’s an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party that’s moving millions of people toward joy and health.
WHAT IS ZUMBA?
Zumba® Fitness is the Latin-inspired dance-fitness program that blends red-hot international music, created by Grammy Award-winning producers, and contagious steps to form a “fitness-party” that is downright addictive.
Since its inception in 2001, the Zumba program has grown to become the world’s largest – and most successful – dance-fitness program with more than 10 million people of all shapes, sizes and ages taking weekly Zumba classes in over 90,000 locations across more than 110 countries.
PARTY IN PINK ZUMBATHON FOR THE CURE 2010
ZUMBA® CLASSES OFFERED AT JMK
- Zumba® Classes – When participants see a Zumba class in action, they can’t wait to give it a try. Zumba classes feature exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats. Before participants know it, they’re getting fit and their energy levels are soaring! There’s no other fitness class like a Zumba® Fitness-Party. It’s easy to do, effective and totally exhilarating, often building a deep-rooted community among returning students.
- Zumba Gold® Classes – The Zumba Gold program targets the largest growing segment of the population: baby boomers. It takes the Zumba® formula and modifies the moves and pacing to suit the needs of the active older participant, as well as those just starting their journey to a fit and healthy lifestyle. What stays the same are all the elements the Zumba® Fitness-Party is known for: the zesty Latin music, like salsa, merengue, cumbia and reggaeton; the exhilarating, easy-to-follow moves; and the invigorating, party-like atmosphere. Active older adults want camaraderie, excitement and fitness as a regular part of their weekly schedule. The Zumba Gold class is the perfect fit. It’s a dance-fitness class that feels friendly, and most of all, fun.
- Zumba® Toning Classes – When it comes to body sculpting, the Zumba Toning program raises the bar (or rather, the toning stick). It combines targeted body-sculpting exercises and high-energy cardio work with Latin-infused Zumba® moves to create a calorie-torching, strength-training dance fitness-party. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs, glutes and thighs. The Zumba Toning class is the perfect way for enthusiasts to sculpt their bodies naturally while having a total blast.
- Zumbatomic® Classes – Designed exclusively for kids (ages 4-12), Zumbatomic classes are rockin’, high-energy fitness-parties packed with specially choreographed, kid-friendly routines and all the music kids love, like hip-hop, reggaeton, cumbia and more. Parents love the Zumbatomic program because of the effects it has on kids — increasing their focus and self-confidence, boosting metabolism and enhancing coordination. The Zumbatomic program rounds out family fitness goals by giving parents a great reason to head to the gym – for themselves, for their kids, for a totally fun family experience. Register Online Here
CHECK OUT OUR NEWEST VIDEO. THIS VIDEO WAS SHOT AT THE-HI HAT DURING OUR VALENTINE’S BURLESQUE SHOW… LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
Guess What?! No Dance Background Required!
Hello to all the Sexy Ladies out there! Yeah, I’m talking to you! My name is Kerri. I’ve been a Pole Fitness Instructor with the JM Kennedy Dance Studio since January of 2010. I am certified through NETA.
So you’d like to know how I became part of this amazing studio? Well, here it is!
It all started in February of 2007. I’d always wanted to take some sort of dance class, maybe hip hop or jazz but I was 27 at the time….where would I begin? I was driving home from work one day and heard an advertisement on the radio about Pole Fitness classes. That would be perfect! I made a mental note to call as soon as I got home. I got the class schedule and came to the next walk-in class available. Now, mind you, I had no sort of dance training or taken a dance class before in my life! I walked into the 3rd week of the session surrounded by other students that seemed like professionals to me (Airplane…what’s an airplane?). I couldn’t find my right from my left. I’m not going to lie…it intimidated me. But I hung in there and after a few classes I started feeling comfortable and couldn’t get enough of it. After 6 classes there was a noticeable difference in my appearance. I started getting comments such as “where’d you get those muscles?” And we can’t forget the infamous bruising…”how’d you get those bruises”. (I’ve learned that everyone has their own way of answering those questions).
After taking a few sessions at the studio, I got to know Jen and I started helping her out in the office. Jen is a motivator and the saying, Never Say Never, definitely applies to her classes. Elevator, I could never do an elevator…by the 6th week I’d guess about 90% of the students are doing elevators. She also motivated me to start teaching my own Pole Fitness classes. Did I ever think in my wildest dreams I would be a Pole Fitness Instructor one day? No way! But here I am, teaching not only Basic Pole for Beginners but Jen also allowed me to create a Pole Level I class for the women out there not ready for Pole II.
A little bit more about me….I am a proud mom to a 19-month old boy. During the day I work as a secretary in Downtown Providence. I am also part of JM Kennedy’s Fringe Dancers who have performed at various venues. The Fringe Dancers specialize in Cabaret and Burlesque performances. We most recently performed at the Hi-Hat in Davol Square for a Valentine’s Burlesque Show which included singing, pole dancing, chair dancing and belly dancing.
So, take it from someone with no dance background. This is the place to start! It’s never too late. I’ve seen all sizes and ages take class at the JM Kennedy Dance Studio. I’ve seen mothers, daughters, grandmothers, sisters, friends, co-workers and even the occasional being of the male species. We do not discriminate at the JM Kennedy Dance Studio!
Alluring, Magnetic, Seductive, Confident
Register Now for Basic Chair Starting Thursday’s @ 6:30 https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=10118
Chair Dancing with Alaina @ JMKennedy Entertainment is a sure way to take your self confidence to another level! Alaina uses Flirty Chair Dance moves and Basic Jazz Dance Choreography to get your mind & body feeling sexy & empowered. You’ll burn calories, learn Alaina’s 10 Basic Chair Dance moves and gain control of your inner “Diva”. Whether you are looking for some ideas to take home or just someplace to have fun with your girlfriends, this class will satisfy your wants & needs.